Junior (under 21) $10
(All the categories above are for one year and expire one year from the date of joining.)
To join download a membership enrollment form and mail it with your check or credit card information to HSPC, Post Office Box 2, Council Bluffs, Iowa, 51502.
Or sign up and pay online!
- What CB business was known for its 15-foot chicken?
- What local person has a star on Hollywood Boulevard?
- Werner Trucking is an industry leader... and it all started in Council Bluffs
- It was hard to miss a roller coaster that passed right over two city streets.
- Remember Playland Park, the jewel of West Broadway?
Find the answer in our sample Member Journal... download a copy now for the full stories!
The tales of real people and real life right here where we live--
some good, some bad, and some very strange.
Join the Historical Society and relive the legends.
* Periodic Member Journal with tales and photographs of our rich history.
* Free unlimited admission to:
- Historic "Squirrel Cage" Jail Museum; a one-of-a-kind structure that served as the county jail from 1885 through 1969
- HO-Scale Model Railroad display
- Outdoor railcar display with engines, cabooses, club car, Railway Mail Service car
- RailsWest Museum at the restored 1899 Rock Island passenger depot
* Invitation to the Society's Fall and Spring Speakers Series
* Discounts at the Society's gift shops
* Special invitation, free, or reduced admission to special events
* Annual banquet invitation
* Plus, your membership dues help fund our educational
outreach as well as continued preservation and restoration
of our buildings and collections, ensuring that our proud
heritage is not lost!